[Ansteorra] Any news from Coronation?

Haraldr Bassi ansteorra at haraldr.drakkar.org
Mon Sep 30 08:14:35 PDT 2013

Adding on to the collective memory...

I recall at least one additional Thistle, though can't recall whether it was 2 or 3 in total
given that day.

A couple AoAs, including Lady Diana of Bjornsborg.

The Order of the Arc d'Or had recently been moved to a polling order and additional regalia was
added in the form of a white and black band allowed to be worn on either arm. All members then
present were presented with this new regalia.

There was also a small amount of time in court for a little project that the Barony of
Bjornsborg worked on over the past year and a half, in secret, that seemed to go over pretty
well. It was a pair of linen cloaks for both TRM with the arms of all past princes & kings and
princesses and queens embroidered upon them. Approximately 4,000 hours of labor went into each
cloak. Please take an opportunity to look at the results of our little project and admire the
new spiffness that was added to the Royal regalia.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Adelade de Bourbon was the lady elevated to the laurel.

I liked that the last three pieces of business were the elevations of one each of the three
peerages, though it did make for a rather interesting juggling of people who were members of
multiple orders :)

In service,
Haraldr Bassi, Bjornsborg