[Ansteorra] A missive from afar

Sabine Curter purpleermine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:50:01 PDT 2013

It was pointed out to me this weekend that I was remiss in posting publicly
the missive that I read in court at Triumphe on behalf of my dear sweet
brother, Sir James the Holy.

Ansteorra, I am sorry and please forgive me.

Sabine

Friendly and Most Courteous Greetings to the Crown and Populace of The
Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra

>From Their Friend and Confidant Sir James the Holy, Baron of the Court of
Gleann Abhann

It has always been my pleasure to call Ansteorra and Her people my dear
friend. For as long as I can remember your Kingdom has opened her sweet
arms in hospitality, generosity, and love. That love has been reciprocated
and I find my heart brimming, nay bursting, with ardor to see Ansteorra
thrive and continue to exist as the pinnacle of all respect and admiration
within these
Current Middle Ages.

Your ladies are unsurpassed in their beauty, wit, intelligence, and grace.
Your multi-talented warriors are unsurpassed in their bravery, loyalty, and
fighting skill.
Your artisans are unsurpassed in their excellence, authenticity, and
quality of study and workmanship.
Your Crowns and citizens are unsurpassed as examples of what we all want
and strive to be in the Society.

In fact Ansteorra is unsurpassed and untouched in all areas of the world.

Well, in all areas.......except perhaps.....one.

I must now draw your attention away from the accolades and focus on one
subject that is well to be honest, not a shining skill.

One area that perhaps my Kingdom, the Beautiful Gleann Abhann, stands far
and away superior to Ansteorra.

Your Majesties, Your Highnesses, Milords and Miladies, I must point out the
continued use of Beef BBQ in your Kingdom instead of the Unsurpassed Pork
BBQ.

Of course, I will not state the obvious that Pork BBQ is the established
champion of the BBQ world.

Of course, I will not state the problems found in cattle such as Lumpy Jaw,
Foot Rot, and Wooden Tongue. Because, I do not write to criticize. I write
to teach. This is, after all, all about taste!!!!

It is time for everyone to step away from the cattle ranches and enjoy the
pleasures of Pork loveliness. Some in my kingdom say perhaps that your
lands are void of pig or perhaps that your Centurions are too busy
"courting" them. I know this to be untrue for I've seen Ansteorrean Women
and know them to be some of the most beautiful in the known world and would
not stand for such barbaric behavior.

For the good of your people, your innocent children, and your
cuisine I urge and implore all of you to attend:

DIAMOND WARS OCT 17-20TH
STOP THE BOVINE HERESY.
....and meet and discuss the woeful and sadly lacking nature of the merely
average Beef BBQ and come to the realization that Pork BBQ is the epitome
of deliciousness and let us simply acknowledge the fact that, like Elvis,
Pork BBQ
is The King!

In love and Respect,
James the Holy,
baron of holytopia, self proclaimed rider of the aporkalypse,
Aries Bannerman to the ram throne, the asoph spades, meridian
war criminal, knight of the society and a gleann abhann national
treasure.