[Ansteorra] Coronation Thank You - Long...

Randy Nicholson r_nicholson at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 30 16:37:39 PDT 2013

It was an honor to be given the opportunity, and the trust, of Their Majesties Aaron MacGregor and Nicollet Deuville with Their Coronation this past weekend.

Lady Marie de Meaux and I would like to express our sincerest gratitude to all of those people who worked so hard to help put together an amazing event this past weekend. We could not have made this happen without you! So thank you for helping us realize our visions and dreams for this event through your hard work! This list is long and I’m not going to apologize for it. The opportunity to have worked with this many amazing people will be something we will both cherish for a long time.

Mistress Melisenda de Barcelona, thank you so much for creating a feast that will go down in the history of our kingdom as one of the best feasts ever served at a Coronation. Your staff and crew were amazing. Watching them work as a team as they did simply reinforces that The Dream is alive and well in our Kingdom.

Lady Kessaundra Haas – thank you for taking on the role of running our gate and insuring that it went extremely smoothly. Thank you to everyone who sat a shift at gate to check people in throughout the day. While we don’t have exact numbers yet, we can tell you that 300 site tokens were made for this event. We ran out! So just imagine the complexity of checking that many people through in such a short amount of time. Pretty amazing!

Lady Simḥa bint Yusuf – Cheer of Ansteorra to those in the know! Thank you for everything that you did throughout the day. Not only taking on the challenges of making sure that the fighters had water during the tournament but you also helped decorate the hall and so many other things I couldn’t name them all. There were many times when you were someone I or Mary could go to when we needed something and with your usual cheerfulness you made it happen.

Lady Alyce Gravenor – thank you for all your hard work on making those 300 site tokens. When I think of the time, the energy and the effort to make 300 small bags with Their Majesties initials and the Black Star on them I am overwhelmed and in awe of your kindness and thoughtfulness. It is often said that it is the small things that make all the difference in the world. And though these bags were small – they made a huge impression. Thank you!

Lady Safiyya Bint Khalid – thank you for all of the things you did leading up to and during the day! Thank you for creating the personalized invitations sent to the landed nobility throughout the kingdom. But you didn’t stop there! You helped to decorate the hall, you helped in the kitchen and in general helped to keep things moving in the right direction.

Fionn Ó Diubháin – thank you for working so hard in the kitchen, helping to decorate the hall and just general problem solving when it was called for.

Lord Loemax De Sonna – thank you for everything that you did to help Mary and I. We relied on you for so many tasks and truly it made the difference in accomplishing our vision so much easier. From decorating the hall, working with the parking, moving tables and chairs, cleaning up - you did it all and it was a joy to work with you.

Her Excellency Claire Shayhan – thank you for stepping up on short notice to help serve head table. You are a shining example of what the Dream is all about.

HL Gavin Mac Giolla Ruaidh – thanks for helping take care of hall set up and breakdown between the courts and for feast as well as taking on the role of Chirugeon in Charge. The day wouldn’t have gone as smoothly without your help!

Lady Groa Ulfsdottir – thank you for being our voice herald throughout the day. You did so with grace, a bit of humor and it made the difference in helping our day go smoothly.

Lord Aryeh ben David ben Zecharia– There were a lot of things that you did that went above and beyond what was necessary for this event; rom running the tournament Saturday morning, to loading and unloading equipment and working with us throughout the day. Thank you!

Lady Jocelyn Edana (Courtney) – thank you for helping to insure that the parking lot went smoothly and getting equipment to the site.

Lady Robin Anderson of Ross - for setting up and running the Children's activities

m'lady Dalla DubhGilla - for assisting with the Children's activities

Lady Nadia Villicus - decorating, ice runs and so much more...

Lady Leia - for supplying us with the bag of Minion sashes for us to use for the event letting people know who staff were and with a bit of whimsy.

Lord Elrique Falcone de Netterville and Sarah Róis Netterville: For running the Black Unicorn Tavern and providing breakfast and lunch.

One of the great things about our Society, our Kingdom in particular, is that people pitch in without even being asked to do so. There were a number of people who did this throughout the day and we tried to get as many of their names as we possibly could. But for those that we did not get names for, but witnessed your generosity, please know that it was greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten.

Robert de Bray, CSSA & Lady Marie de Meaux
Event Stewards
Fall Coronation