No subject

Wed Apr 9 15:39:36 PDT 2014

thoughts.  I'll give mine too.

Goverment
Then-You have no choice in who leads you.  No balance-check system.  If you
want to leave your feudal lord you had to ask permission.
Now-You can pick your leader.  We do have elections.  You can leave the
events and wars.

Food
Then-No refridgation.  Very little for the peasants to eat cause most of the
crops went to their feudal lord.
Now-Got plenty of refridgations.  Even I'm not the richest and I've got
plenty of food in my cupboards.

Medical
Then-Just simple.  God help you for the littlest of cuts and broken bones.
Now-Ok still not the greatest of systems for those that still having trouble
to affording it but at least the doctors can not turn you away.

Education
Then-You got none to very little.  Even the rich were undereducated.
Now-Everyone has to go to school.

Life
Then-Lucky to make it to you first birthday.
Now-Can count your life beyond the number of fingers and toes you have.

Travel
Then-Go no more then a couple of miles from home.
Now-Anywhere you please.

Hope this makes you think before critize people that you've not been with.

As for honor.
Watch Robin Hood with Kevin Costner (sp?)  When sitting around the fire with
a bunch peasants that have warrents out for their arrests and him just back
from the crusade and finding his father dead, he points out that he has seen
more bravery in the man that is defending the knight's horse than the knight
that has just ran away in fear.  Another idea is to judge a book by it's
cover.  A rich book covering can have no knowledge in it and the poorest of
looking books can have the greatest of knowledge.

I'm not the wealthest of my SCA sister and brothers, but I do have the heart
to play and work beside them to keep old world knowledge alive.  In the SCA,
I'm treated like a lady.  If the mundane world threatens me then there are a
whole of sword, arrow, and knife toting men and women that will defend me
and help in my most despair of times.

What you find in the Society, you will find real life.  What you find in
real life, you will find the Society.  Nothing is perfect.

I've gone on for to long.  Think before judging.  You just might be judging
yourself the hardest.