[Ansteorra] What exactly are "bounces" on the list

Emma de Fetherstan serveradmin at ansteorra.org
Wed Apr 16 15:08:06 PDT 2014

A couple of days ago, a great number of people were unsubscribed from
various Ansteorra.org mailing lists. This happens automatically after you
exceed the "bounce" threshhold; people who did not quite exceed the
threshhold no doubt got mail warning that mail to you was bouncing. (Which,
yes, might get bounced itself, but clearly not always!)

The people so affected are those whose mail is ultimately handled by
yahoo.com. This includes att.net and sbcglobal.net, but also affected
hotmail.com and msn.com email addresses as well. For whatever reason, those
domains started refusing all incoming mail from our mailing lists. I did
file a support ticket with Dreamhost, our service provider, and I am
certain they are getting the issue resolved.

-Emma