[Ansteorra] How to play this game less expensively

Stefan li Rous via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 19 16:02:14 PDT 2014

<<< Prices on gas, site fees, feast fees, other food, and generally everything else (let's just say it here - this is a volunteer organization - we can't expect a lot of people to be throwing money they don't have away on expensive trips for a weekend or on expensive stuff to wear, etc.) are going to affect EVERYTHING we do. >>>

Okay, I can’t do a lot about most of that. I’m in the middle to starting my own Electronics Consulting company right now, myself.

However, I’d like to highlight a few files in the Florilegium that can help you play this game less expensively. I didn’t say cheaply. You can do a lot of things inexpensively that don’t look cheap.

crash-space-msg (32K) 9/26/13 'crash-space etiquette' for both the traveler
and the crash-space provider.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/crash-space-msg.html

Thrifty-Anach-art (29K) 6/29/10 "The Thrifty Anachronist: The Handbook” by Lady Mathilda Harper. Thrift stores for inexpensive SCA clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Thrifty-Anach-art.html

How-2-Fnd-Fab-art (16K) 12/18/11 "How to find Great Historic type Fabric for Garb cheaply, at Thrift Stores." by Lady Catherine Rose FitzEdmunds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/How-2-Fnd-Fab-art.html

SCA-Upcycling-art (16K) 6/ 3/10 "SCA Upcycling: Costuming on a Budget"by Lady Jeanne-Marie la Verriere.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/SCA-Upcycling-art.html

frecyclng-SCA-msg (8K) 5/ 2/11 Freecyling within the SCA. Putting out items
to give away.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/frecyclng-SCA-msg.html

I hope this helps.

I welcome any other similar articles.