[Ansteorra] H.A.N.S.E. Benefit Thanks - Long

sdirocco sdirocco at suddenlink.net
Mon Feb 3 23:23:05 PST 2014

Dearest Ansteorra,

Again, I am compelled to thank you for your awe inspiring generosity at the
H.A.N.S.E. benefit at Bryn Gwlad’s Candlemas.

It all started with a simple enough idea between Sir John of Severn, Master
Juan Carlos, (née Jovianus Skleros) and I: “We want to do something to help
our friend in need”.  From there, a simple idea grew into a powerful force
for good.

For starters, I would like thank the Event Steward, Honorable Lady Katrina
of York, as well as our then retiring and incoming Excellencies of Bryn
Gwlad, for allowing us to hold this benefit at Candlemas.

Thanks to Sir John of Severn for coming up with the tourney format.

Thanks to Dvorianin Vasilii Kostiantinovits for marshaling the chivalric
tourney.

I am grateful that Her Excellency Simone Valery La Rousse introduced me to
Her Excellency Ellisena de Bayonne.  "Lissa" showed me how to run a list
like a pro.  I am thankful for her help and happy to have made her
acquaintance.  I would love to work with Lissa again.  She is an incredible
lady.

Thanks to newcomer Tobias Gelücke for acting as a runner while Lissa and I
managed the lists.  Your help was greatly appreciated!  Next time I expect
to see you in armor.

Thanks to Don René Damours and Lord Stephan Wilhelm Steger for marshaling
the rapier tourney.

Thanks to Lady Wentiliana le Chandeler for helping me with the rapier
tourney.

Thanks to Lady Johanna van Luyden for keeping us company.

Thanks to the revolving door of field heralds.  This included:

His Excellency Pendaran Glamorgan

His Excellency Pieter Rausch

His Excellency Tomas Niallagain

A young man called Zafar, who is also relatively new, heralded the heavy
tourney from the beginning.  By the end he was heralding like a pro!

Thanks to the set-up crew for the work that they did.  The tourney location
was perfect!

Thanks to all who came out to participate in the tourneys, and to those of
you who gladly sponsored other fighters.

Thanks to Mistress Melisenda for providing the lovely lemon tarts and mini
chocolate pies.

Thanks to her lovely daughter for helping sell them.

Just for fun, we replaced one Lord Valentine Culpepper with a “Hanse the
Younger” to see if anyone would notice.  The clothing and the personal were
very well done!  Thank you to everyone who had a hand in this.

I owe Her Excellency Zecharia Ines Balzan a debt of gratitude for the work
that she did managing the silent auction.  I gave her all the information I
had and she ran with it.  SHE IS GOOD!  As of Friday evening, between the
two of us, we had about 25 items promised for the auction.  On Saturday we
received over 70 items for the auction.

Thanks to Master Juan Carlos for his support as well as being an
intermediary, a runner and helping Zecharia.

Thank you Count Romanius Vesperianus for your generosity and your generosity
of spirit!  I met this man for the first time on Saturday morning, as he was
helping Zecharia manage items for the auction before participating in the
chivalric tourney.

Thanks to our Hospitaler Deputy, Lord Garreth the Traveler for lending the
table cloths.  They really dressed it up.

For all those who donated items to the silent auction, I thank you!

For all those who bid on auction items, I thank you!

And finally...

Thanks to His Excellency Ivar Runamagi, for announcing the total sum of our
efforts where I knew my voice would fail.  I was incredibly moved when
Zecharia told me the numbers.  It was rather difficult for me to keep my own
composure in court because I was so moved by the dept of generosity from my
fellow Ansteorran’s which far exceeded my expectations.

Thank you Your Majesty Nicollet Deuville.  Thank your for descending the
throne in the middle of court to personally address our friend and the very
person whom we did all this for.  That moment will forever remain one of my
best and brightest memories.  To me, in that moment, you exemplified the
dream that is our Society.  You embodied every ideal of what a queen should
be.  Thank you.

 Thank you for personally reminding each and every one present that we are a
family.  We are Ansteorra!

Vivat Bryn Gwlad!

Vivat ANSTEORRA!!!

Lady Renée du Valier