[Ansteorra] Gulf Wars New Electrical Access policy

Gavin Mac Giolla Ruaidh ldgavin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 06:12:09 PST 2014

Greetings from the Gulfwars Autocrat staff,

I apologize for the lateness of the missive but we just received the
information from the site owners.  Please pass this on to all groups and
lists who might me affected by the change.

Gavin Mac Giolla Ruaidh

ER Autocrat Gulf Wars XXIII
Services Division Deputy

*New Electrical Access Policy: *

*Effective immediately*

*WHO:*

This pertains primarily to camps from *Gleann Abhann* and *Meridies*. The
*Trimaris* and *Ansteorra* electrical situation remains unchanged per the
site owner. The following plan will affect camps past 5 Points only!

*WHAT:*

Beginning this year, use of power must be purchased the this area.

*WHERE:*

 Camps past 5 points, toward the back of camp, and toward Sherwood Range.
Ansteorran and Trimarian lands, as well as the areas toward the front gate
and all areas toward the downtown area from 5 Points are NOT affected.

*WHY:*

As you may know, someone came onto site and removed (stole) all of the
wiring which supplied power to that part of the camp from the trees. Larry
has taken the opportunity to vastly upgrade the power system. This is a
positive move which I think will benefit many who have asked for it for
years. He has spent about $5k thus far on the renovations.

*HOW:*

There are 16 outlets per pole and 3 poles (one near EPL, one near
DragonOr/Rolling Thunder, and one near Axemoor). One outlet (20 amp
breaker) may be purchased for use during the war for $60. One outlet may be
purchased for use the entire year for $100. An individual or a camp may
purchase the use of an outlet.  The site management wants it to be made
crystal clear that overtaxing your outlet and causing the breaker to flip
will result in a $10 reset fee.  The Gulf Wars staff want to make it
crystal clear that any abuse, fraud, or theft of service will be considered
as such and could result in disciplinary action ranging from revocation of
privileges to ejection from site. This may seem heavy-handed but a)we are
more honorable than that and b) potential violators have been warned.

SERIOUS inquiries need to contact Wade Grider at 601-606-1002 during normal
business hours central time and he can give you specifics.  I am sorry for
the lateness of this news.. I just found out myself a couple of days ago. I
think that this can be a good boost to the overall conditions at GW. Keep
in mind that it is there IF you want it. You are not required to buy into
it if you do not wish.  Special Needs will still operate normally and be
happy to provide recharge service for those with medical devices free of
charge.  No email inquiries to GW staff will be entertained. The
information that we have, you now have. This is being handled through the
site owner and not through the SCA.