[Ansteorra] Congratulations to our new heirs, Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Sven and Princess Antigone

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Jan 13 19:55:59 PST 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Three is all the King or Queen of England gets at Coronation.

Further pedantic note: there is no King or Queen of England at the
moment.  There hasn't been since 1707, when the Acts of Union
implementing the Treaty of Union merged the kingdom of England and the
kingdom of Scotland into the kingdom of Great Britain.

But there hasn't been a King or Queen of Great Britain since 1801, the
further union with Ireland.  Since then, it's been the United Kingdom
of Great Britain and [Northern] Ireland.

Depending on how the upcoming Scots referendum on independence goes,
this might change again.  The Englandrealm is actually pretty
interested in being accurate in its terminology.

Danielis (I'm not pompous, I'm pedantic.  Let me explain the
difference) Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com