[Ansteorra] Congratulations to our new heirs, Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Sven and Princess Antigone

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 14 11:46:56 PST 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, HerrDetlef <herrdetlef at gmail.com> wrote:
> From the standpoint of the establishment that actually conducts the
> Coronation ceremony ... Her Majesty technically WAS crowned Queen of
> England in 1953. She is England's Queen, as much as she is
> Scotland's Queen, Northern Ireland's Queen, Wales' Queen, Canada's
> Queen, Australia's Queen...

My answer is either "that's not a useful statement" or "no".  By the
same criterion, she'd be Wapping's Queen, Milton Keynes's Queen,
Backside Lane's Queen, Boggy Bottom's Queen ...  But she never uses
such titles.

She was proclaimed separately in each of her realms, the first UK
omnarch to do so.  For example, in Jamaica, she's Elizabeth the
Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of Jamaica and of Her other Realms
and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth.  In Canada, she's Elizabeth
Deux, par la gr{a^}ce de Dieu Reine du Royaume-Uni, du Canada et de
ses autres royaumes et territoires, Chef du Commonwealth, D{e'}fenseur
de la Foi -- or Queen of Canada &c.  Or Queen of Tuvalu &c, or Queen
of Solomon Islands &c, or ...

In the UK, her title is Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of
the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her
other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender
of the Faith.  (Wikipedia gives a Latin version as Elizabeth II, Dei
Gratia Britanniarum Regnorumque Suorum Ceterorum Regina, Consortionis
Populorum Princeps, Fidei Defensor.)  She does not use the title of
"Queen of England"; if nothing else, it would offend Wales, Scotland,
and NOrthern Ireland.

(In the Channel Islands, the government is the "Crown in right of
Jersey", and the "Crown in right of the r{e'}publique of the Bailiwick
of Guernsey" or similar formulae.)

Danyell (p.s., Duke of Lancaster and Duke of Normandy are myths) Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com