[Ansteorra] Looking for high resolution kingdom devices/arms including Ansteorra's

Stefan li Rous via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Jul 28 20:12:40 PDT 2014

I did see these. The artwork is very nice.

Unfortunately, they are in bit-mapped format and when blown up, to ten inches on a screen, they end up with ragged edges.

When I blow these up to 10 inches, and I’d like to be able to go larger, to say 16 inches perhaps, the lines end up being jagged. I have to vectorize the devices in order to enter them into the processing equipment I need to use. So having them already vectorized or in high resolution bit-mapped format helps.

So, back to the “What do you need them for?”, I am hoping to be able to provide folks with plastic molds using a vacuum forming machine and a CNC wood router. Initially kingdom devices and such, but ultimately, the ability to create molds of individual’s personal arms.

While you can’t use these for baking, because the molds will melt or at least distort at baking temperatures, these molds could be used to produce sugar paste, sugar plate, period gingerbread, aspic?, marzipan, Jello objects of a kingdom or personal arms.

If there is some mixture that you bake that will hold it’s shape once the mold is removed, then you could then put the object in the oven and even bake it.  But I’m not a dessert expert or soteltie person. I would love to hear ideas or suggestions.

For food things, I will have to make the molds in a food-grade plastic which is more expensive than other plastics. But if you are interested in having a paving stone of your device or just want to mold your device in plaster or a plastic molding compound, I hope to be able to provide that in a cheaper, non-food grade plastic such as acrylic.

Would SCA-oriented molds be of interest/use to you? How would you use them? Is there something other than your group’s or your personal arms that you’d like to have a mold of?  Email me at: StefanliRous at gmail.com

Thanks,
    Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com