[Ansteorra] King's College Thanks from the Class Coordinator

Willoc mac Muiredaig via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Jun 21 11:51:21 PDT 2014

My apologies for the delay in releasing this across the list.
>From all reports, King’s College was a great success!  We had some challenges with a new site and a huge turnout for the 9am classes – and folks pitched in and worked around them. I would like to extend some specific thanks:
First, to all of the Track Coordinators - Sir Ysfael Bryndu for Martial, Master Pug for Dance, H.L. Czina for Weaving, Lady Elen for Tailoring, and Lady Robin for Children) - who communicated with their instructors, scheduled their track’s classes, then ensured everything flowed smoothly during the day. You made it possible to offer so many specialized classes.

Second, to the “Groundskeepers” - Cassia & Guttorm at the cottages, Lady Alexandra Bentbow at the Theatre, Lords Cataldo & Havaar for the Outdoor areas, Amy at the Dance Hall, and Mistress Melisende at the Gathering Lodge - who took care of their buildings and everyone’s needs in them. You were constantly there, taking care of problems that could be immediately handled, and pulling in backup for any larger issues. So many people asked me “What’s the name of that wonderful person who helped me out?”

Third, to the 72 instructors, who taught 110 classes, sharing their knowledge and skills with the kingdom. Thank you for being creative and adaptive with the non-standard classroom setups, and making it fun for all of your students. If you sent me your handouts & the Creative Use form, the final link to electronic versions of the handouts should be released to the lists by next Tuesday (June 22). If you haven’t – it’s not too late!

Fourth, thanks to all of the members of the Stronghold of Hellsgate who spent the last month at our house, helping illuminate “Thank-yous” and weave lanyards for the instructors, paint signs for the different areas, and
figure out the logistics of the event.

Fifth, a few special situation thanks:
- Mihai and Sir Maelgwyn, who delivered lunches to instructors who could not make it to the sideboard.
- Don Avery, the couple who set up the Scribal/Royals area, and Don Dore , for jumping in to deal with the one building that had no groundskeeper. And Their Majesties Antigone & Sven, for being so understanding of the situation.
- To Elsa von Schammach, Lord Hanse, and His Excellency Pug, for filling in with their classes at the last minute. (And an apology to Hanse – his location/time change never made it to the large-print schedules.)
- To all those unnamed gentles who quietly stepped in to refill toilet paper, rig up a projector scree from bunk sheets, round up chairs for classes, lend a hand with setup/teardown, etc.

Finally, my greatest thanks to Birgitte von Eisenach, the amazing, coordinated Event Steward who allowed me to co-autocrat the event as class coordinator, convinced the site to allow us to use it for the first time, recruited most of Hellsgate to run this event, and made all of the hard work enjoyable for everyone. All I could think after the event, when we were both too weary to move was: “This was SO much fun!”

In Service to the Dream,
H.L. Willoc mac Muiredaig
wyllowmacm at netscape.net