[Ansteorra] Recommendations for medieval fonts

Reis ap Tuder via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Nov 22 12:23:15 PST 2014

I primarily use two fonts for headers in the Black Star (I use an
explicitly modern font for the content text, for readability reasons); one
is based on a medieval hand and one is more of "medieval-ish" work from a
19th century artist.  The former is Magna Carta (you can probably guess
what document was studied for the hand) and is, frankly, pretty rough for
reading to modern eyes, at least mine, and the latter is Kelmscott, which
is pretty nice but, as I say, appears to be based on artwork by the founder
of Kelmscott Press, William Morris, 19th century English designer.

For what it's worth,

Reis
Kingdom Chronicler