[Ansteorra] Seawinds Defender and 30th Year Celebration, Oct 24th-26th, Nolte Island, Seguin, TX

Patty via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Oct 19 10:46:37 PDT 2014

The Shire of Seawinds  hosts

SEAWINDS DEFENDER and 30th YEAR CELEBRATION
October 24th - 26th, 2014
Nolte Island Recreation Area, Nolte Island Rd, Seguin, TX 78155

The Shire of Seawinds bids you join us as we celebrate 30 years as a proud Ansteorran Shire.
We invite one and all to our celebration.

ACTIVITIES:
Defenders will be chosen from the fields of:
Chivlaric, Rapier, Archery, Arts & Sciences, Bardic, and Gustatory (Food!)
There will be a fun Stick Horse Competition, Silent Auction

Friday night hospitality
 Continental Breakfast Saturday morning hosted by the Company of the Sable Ram
Side-board luncheon on Saturday hosted by Rolling Thunder
 and a Fabulous Seawinds Feast!

TOYS FOR TOTS DRIVE
Stick horses for the stick horse competition can be rented for a donation of a new unwrapped toy.  All are encouraged to donate to this worthy cause.

SITE FEES:
Adults         $15                                                           $45 Family Max (applies to site fee only)
Ages 6-17    $7                                                                        Non-member Surcharge $5
Ages 5 and under:  Free                                              Feast:  $10 Limited to 75
Make checks payable to: SCA Inc/ Shire of Seawinds

FEAST IS LIMITED TO 75
Reservations can be sent to Avelyn Blakeneye (Amy Kitmacher) at scarletpimpernel at mailcity.com

Site opens Friday at 5:00 pm and closes Sunday at noon
There is plenty of room for camping!
The site has lots of shade, flush toilets and a large covered pavilion
Merchants are Welcome

DIRECTIONS:
Make your best way to IH10 to Seguin.  Exit TX-123 and head south. Go 2.5 miles then turn left onto FM466/Eastwood.  In about 2 miles turn right at Nolte Island Rd/GBRA Access Rd and follow road into the park.  Look for the SCA signs.  If you reach the dam on FM466 you have gone too far.

EVENT STEWARDS:
Caitriona inghean Mhic Lochlainn (Patty Randolf) prand at swbell.net  361-730-5868
John Lightfoot (John Simkins) lightfootcim at aol.com  361-779-0530

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event
Waiver Form from the parents.
Alcohol is permitted in period containers only. You must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol.
Leased pet are allowed but are not to be left unattended.

For more information visit our website at:
seawinds.ansteorra.org