[Ansteorra] Equestrian Activities at Ravensfort Argent Anniversary

Elizabeth Crouchet via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Sep 5 18:00:02 PDT 2014

Equestrian Activities at Ravensfort Argent Anniversary  September 19-21

All Equestrians are invited to attend and participate. If you wish to
checkout equestrian arts in Ansteorra, please come to or camp and meet us!

Saturday morning we will begin with a Challenge Course consisting of five
challenges or stations.  Each challenge is worth one point.  Each
competitor may collect up to five points to contribute to their Team score.

Immediately following will be the competition to choose the next Equestrian
Defender of the Fort, the Ravensfort Champion. This next competition will
be a continuation of the challenge course with at least three more stations
that may prove a bit more challenging for horse or rider. Anyone wishing to
compete for the championship must have completed the Challenge Course. The
next Equestrian Defender will be chosen from among the competitors.

We expect to wrap up these competitions by noon. After a short lunch break
we will continue with mounted games for the afternoon.  We will have
supplies to play unarmored mounted combat, otherwise known as WhackBonk.  (You
will want a helmet for this.) We can play any other games or play with any
other toys anyone brings with them.  There is even lots of space to just go
out for a ride; a great way to tour “the stones”.

You will need to be authorized to play the games and enter the
competitions. There will be authorizing marshals on site. So just get with
us as soon as you get set up in camp to set that up.

Equestrian camping is near the entrance to site with lots of trailer
parking. There are some pens available on a first come first served basis.  You
will need a rope to make a door. There is lots of space to picket as well
or to set up electric fencing for pens.  Your horse should have proof of
negative coggins to enter site. Just let the Equestrian Marshal know that
you have it. Everyone will have to sign an equestrian waiver at the Gate.
Water for horses is available on site but it is always a good idea to bring
some from home, too.

Please contact me if you have any questions about the Equestrian
Competitions.  It has been my sincere pleasure to have served Their
Excellencies as their current Defender.  I wish all the competitors a great
day with their steeds.

 In Service,

HE Claire Shayhan