[Ansteorra] Battlemoor V Youth and Teen Activities Thank You

Darren Mize via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 29 15:54:33 PDT 2014

Crossposted from the Outlands list:

Battlemoor V Youth and Teen Activities Thank You

Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:36 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
"Krege, Barbara B" jaynebarber_outlands
Please feel free to cross-post this to other lists

Greetings to the great populace of the Outlands,

A special welcome to our twelve new Pages in the Outlands Academy of Pages — Solveig 13 (Caerthe); Tyreden 7 (Draca Mor); Jeffrey of Fontaine 7; Bryleigh 8, Morgan 16 and Orion 14 (Ravenhyrst); and from Dragonsspine – Rhianna 9, Marian 11, Aislinn 13, Fiona 6½, Katherine 16, and Arthur 11. We now have 64 Pages in our Page Academy!

Congratulations to the Battlemoor V Youth and Teen Champions – Chess: Arye ben Avram, 11 (Caerthe). Youth Swords-Teens: 1st-Alyssa 14 (Plattfordham), 2nd - Natsu 15 (Citadel), 3rd – Alexe 17 (Hawks Hollow); Youth Swords-Youth: 1st – Fae 11 (Fontaine); 2nd – Marian 11 (Dragonsspine); 3rd – Rhianna 9 (Dragonsspine); and Archery Fun Shoot (23 archers): 1st – Morgan of Dragonsspine 12, 2nd- Arye ben Avram, 11 (Caerthe), and a 3-way tie for 3rd – Ravi 7 (Caerthe), Morgan of Caerthe 8, and Brice 12 (Dragonsspine). A very special congratulations to Rosalinda 12 (Fontaine), who is our first Page to advance to the 3rd level of our Page Academy, having completed over 75 hours of classes and service!!

Arye ben Avram, 11 (Caerthe) was recognized as the Outstanding Page for Battlemoor V for his service and help at the Youth Hall. Marian 11 (Dragonsspine) was recognized as Outstanding New Page for all of her help and service. There were many youth who also worked tirelessly for many hours running list cards, helping at the hydration station, as a Town Crier, running errands, helping with set up in their camps, helping teach the younger children, and helping us at Youth Hall. Unfortunately we don’t have all of their names, but they included Lord Adam ben Avram 15 (Caerthe), Morgan Magnus 10 (Caerthe), Alexandra 13 (Windkeep), Josie 9 (Caerthe) and Stephanie 9 (Caerthe). A special thank you also to Ava, 15 (Ansteorra) who helped us a lot at the Youth Hall.

A very special thank you to THL Maria Abramsdottir, Dean of the Outlands Academy of Pages and B. V Youth Activities Deputy, who helped with the scheduling and recruiting of teachers, taught classes, and works hard for our Pages all year! It is not easy keeping track of the paperwork for our Pages and all of their classes and activities. The Outlands Academy of Pages is now open to all Outlands youth, who have completed the first grade or are older. For information about the Page Academy and enrollment forms, please contact THL Maria at avikinggoddess at yahoo.com. We are working also on the Page Academy website, which will soon be up and running – and be a resource of forms, information and downloadable classes and activities.

Many wonderful people contributed with gifts, prizes, materials, supplies, equipment, snacks, support, transportation of our supplies and equipment, and teaching at our classes and activities for the youth and teens at Battlemoor V. When you see them, please say thanks! A very special thank you to – Lady Dawn Schadue (Nahrun Kabirun) who created 8 beautiful scrolls for our Pages who are advancing to the next level of the Page Academy; Baron Sabastian (al-Barran) who contributed the 14 red drawstring bags used in the Page Academy’s thank you presentation to our 7 Baronies at Grand Court, hauled supplies and gave other support; Lord Tariq (Citadel) who donated a beautifully painted youth shield as a prize; Lord Rafael (al-Barran) who donated 13 youth swords and two prize swords and repaired our other youth swords; Lord Vax (Fontaine) who made and donated 10 brass styluses for leatherwork classes; THL Jayne Barber (al-Barran) who donated supplies that
 were gifted to the 7 Baronies and some prizes for our teens; Their Royal Majesties, Walrick and Cecilia, who donated prizes; THL Bronwyn (al-Barran) who is going to make a new banner for the Page Academy; Master Angus (Fontaine) the Page Academy Web Minister; THL Ailinn (Hawk’s Hollow) who taught the youth archery class, ran the fun youth archery tourney, and presented tassels to each archery participant; Lady Aurelia Frenas (Caerthe), who made sure we always had water; the wonderful Hospitality Ladies who helped us in so many ways including transporting of supplies and volunteers up and down the hill to the archery range and castle; the Barony of al-Barran for transporting our supplies and equipment to/from Battlemoor; and to Don Tristan Grey (Caerthe), Mistress Catrin von Berlin (Caerthe), and Dona Tatiana Bonacieux (Caer Galen), who have taught youth and teen rapier for the last 5 years, and Don Tristan, who has donated many, many youth swords and
 youth daggers these past five years. Also a very special thank you to three volunteers, who each spent many, many hours helping with youth classes and activities: THL Sabine (Dragonsspine) , Anneka of Hoglund (Ravenhyrst) , and Hawisia de Groote (Caerthe). And a very special thank you to all the Stags Bloods who valiantly fought the youth and teens at the Stags Blood Challenge vs. the Youth on Sunday at the Castle – the children, youth and teens had a wonderful and fun-filled time!

We really appreciate the dedication and teaching of all of our teachers at Battlemoor including -- THL Mariah, Lord Vax, THL Anna Katherine, and Lady Veroniqua (Fontaine); Lord Adam ben Avram 15, and THL Medb (Ravenhyrst) ; Mistress Jeanne-Marie Dubois (Caer Galen); Lord Rowland and Lord Llewellyn (Drygestan); Herr Wilhelm (Ansteorra); and Sir Michael MacBain, Master Adam, Mistress Catriona, Sir Slaine, Sir Thomas Winterbourne, and THL Jayne (al-Barran). And the dedication and teaching by all our volunteers – including Lady Meg (Villaleon); Bobtail Stretcher; THL Jess; Tori Stellar, Lord Hammer, and Sir Austin (Dragonsspine) ; and Lady Isabella and Lord Faolan (Caerthe).

New this year at Battlemoor for our youth and teens -- was an opportunity to spend the afternoon and evening (over 8 hours) cooking and learning in a period kitchen with Mistress Theresa (Bryngolau), a SCA clothing exchange (infant thru teen clothing) overseen by Lady Felicita (Aarquelle), a separate teen schedule and a teen pavilion, an Intermediate Chess class and a chess tourney run by Herr Wilhelm (Ansteorra), and leatherworking classes. Pages were also able to see and buy the beautiful new Page metal Medallions, which our Baronies helped us to purchase and Master Llywus ap Alan (Bryngolau) helped us with the vector art work. To thank our Baronies for their support, a presentation was made in Grand Court by our youth and teens to the Baronies. Each Barony received a bag of supplies valued at almost $100; and each Barony received a large bag that had new period games and supplies for games valued at over $100, including a chess/checkers/ backgammon
 game set, a chess teacher game for beginners, cribbage, mancala, and bocce. The larger Baronies also received a 10 game set. It is our hope that the populace of each of these baronies will continue to donate used and new period games, and enjoy these games at all of their events – and share the use of these games with their cantons, colleges, and nearby shires.

Many also donated supplies and prizes, for which we are very, very grateful – including the Famers Market (Albuquerque) - a box of 100 apples, Lady Giovanna (Draca Mor) – ice; Unna Farulfsdottir (Villaleon) – beads, leather & fur; Lord Faolan (Caerthe) – a puzzle and a bead necklace; THL Liepa (Villaleon) – leather pieces and strings of pearls; Lady Meg (Villaleon) – bags of wooden beads and glass beads, blunted needles, and several skeins of crochet thread; Sir Tancred (al-Barran) – youth swords; THL Raisa & Mistress Kiara (Dragonsspine) – felt and fabric; THL Medb (Ravenhyrst) – heavy fabric squares; Master Chris Blackwood (Bryngolau) – two awls and a bone carving tool for leather work; THL Maria (Fontaine) – supplies; and Sir Arlan and Baroness Ophelia (Dragonsspine) – snacks.

Over 70 youth and teens, ages 4-17, had fun and learned in our youth and teen classes and activities. Finally we want to say a very special thank you to the Battlemoor Autocrats, Mistress Elisée de Calais and Sir Robert Magnus for all of their support and help! If there is anyone whom we have forgotten to name, our sincere apologies. To everyone named above -- on behalf of all the children, youth and teens attending Battlemoor -- our most heartfelt thanks for your wonderful generosity and support!

THL Jayne Barber, Battlemoor V Coordinator of Youth and Teen Activities
THL Maria Abramsdottir, Dean of the Outlands Academy of Pages and B.V Deputy for Youth Activities

Grüße,

Herr Wilhelm Meis

"Reht is min Schild, die Himmel min Helm!"