[Ansteorra] Silent Heraldry at Coronation

Stefan li Rous via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Apr 10 18:44:45 PDT 2015

Here are some files that I have in the Florilegium DISABILITIES section with details about this being done in other kingdoms. Basically, folks in the SCA community have created some symbol extensions to the American Sign Language to take care of some of the special vocabulary used in the SCA.
SCA-SL-art (14K) 9/ 8/94 SCA specific sign language.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/SCA-SL-art.html

Here are a few more files on this subject, as well.
sign-lang-msg (18K) 7/31/01 Sign language in the SCA and in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/sign-lang-msg.html

Sign-Lang-Wed-art (12K) 8/28/09 "Wedding Vows Performed in 'Sign Language’, and Signs in Other Ceremonies" by Lady Ásfríðr Ulfvíðardóttir.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/Sign-Lang-Wed-art.html

Sign-Language-bib (12K) 11/ 1/09 "An Annotated Bibliography on Monastic Sign Lexicons (MSL), Finger Alphabets and Mnemonics" by Lady Ásfríðr Ulfvíðardóttir.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/DISABILITIES/Sign-Language-art.html

For those of you who can hear, but still can not hear court because of the background noise, well, that’s a separate problem.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris