[Ansteorra] Passing of Lord Alastair Ronal Kester Aeyalweard (C. Shane Blancett)

Hillary Greenslade via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Jan 6 15:47:43 PST 2015

Greetings,
Having not seen this posted on Ansteorra, and knowing that Lord Alastair spent time in Ansteorra, wanted friends to know.
Lord Alastair Ronal Kester Aeyalweard (also known as C.Shane Blancett) pass on 12/13/2014.
In the SCA, Alastair is well known for his work in Heraldry, and for running the Yahoo Group 'Medieval Trivia' for some 11 years.

In the Ansteorran Order of Precidence, Lord Alastair received his AOA on 1984-01-04 and a Sable Crane of Ansteorra on 1992-10-17.
An online obituary (with photos) can be found at:
http://sandradodd.com/people/obituaries/alastair.html

An online guestbook at the funeral home in Florida can be found at  (search for Christopher Shane Blancett):
http://floridamortuary.reachlocal.com/?scid=1361328&kw=37016:22071&pub_cr_id=660937044

To Shane's family and friends, our deepest sympathies,
Rest in Peace Shane, we shall have many conversations on Medieval history when next we meet.

Regards, Hillary Greenslade
Stargate, Ansteorra