[Ansteorra] FYI Note: Round Table closed meeting

Kingdom Treasurer via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 15 16:56:40 PDT 2015

Greetings Ansteorra -

I have recently found an occasion to type out the whys of the typical closed meeting of the Kingdom Financial Committee at Round Table. Thought this venue might also appreciate the chance to read it, so I'm posting it here:

The Kingdom Financial Committee Meeting at Round Table is the Kingdom Exchequer's chance to get the Crown, Heirs, and Kingdom Seneschal (Kingdom Financial Committee, aka KFC) in the same room at the same time to talk about things important to that office - as is required in Ansteorran Kingdom Financial Policy.

We talk about all kinds of things in that meeting. The big ones are: minute updates to Kingdom Financial Policy (KFP), getting the treasurers' warrants signed, and generally eyeballing each other so we all know that the others really do exist in real life (right now, the three voting blocs of the KFC represent all three regions in the Kingdom).

The meeting is closed because my office is complicated and high maintenance, and can ask that level of interaction from committee members.

I know it's a big, ugly, glaring thing, to have a meeting on the formal schedule that advertises the availability of the people who can answer ALL of the money questions in the Kingdom (or at least have the leverage to get those answers) and then put a big 'Keep Out' sign on it. But, I don't know a way around that.

If you have questions about the finances in our Kingdom, I am obligated (per Society) to make myself and my office's books available at a time and place workable for myself and the requesting party.

~ Elsa, Kingdom Exchequer

HL Elsa von Schammach
Chancellor of the Exchequer
Kingdom of Ansteorra