[Ansteorra] Candlemas Thanks

Robyn Bainter via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 10 15:39:43 PST 2016

Greetings unto the Barony of Bryn Gwlad and the Kingdom of Ansteorra,

Now that we're a little recovered from terminal brain-death, we'd like to thank some of the many people who made Candlemas such a successful event.  Great events have a great many thank you's. Without all of your help, and many more not listed in this missive, our event would not have been nearly as successful.

First of all, our Feast Steward, HL Marie de Girau, and her kitchen crew, who produced a marvelous feast and was incredibly accommodating about last-minute shifts in the schedule

Our Gate Coordinator, Master Avery Shaw and his expedient gate crew.

Our Class Coordinator, Lady Judith de Saint Clare and all of the knowledgeable teachers she recruited.

Our Dance Class Coordinator, Lord Wolf Der Ganger and all of the enthusiastic dance teachers and dancers.

Our Music Coordinator Mistress Amata Amati d'Arezzo  and all of her beautiful musicians.

Our organizer for the non-alcoholic brewing competition, Master Miguel Vaello de Villa Joiosa.

Our Noble's Lunch Coordinator, HL Marie de Meaux for the delicious lunch for our visiting Crown, Barons, and Baronesses

Lady Safiyya Bint Khalid for organizing a well attended scribal table and Guillermo Pájaro de Escocia for organizing a very informational heraldic consultation table.

Our A&S Competition Coordinator, HL Martin Malone and all of the artists who competed, especially Aislyng ni Cahill, the new Baronial A&S Champion.

Our Bardic Competition Coordinator, HL Fionn Ó Diubháin and all of the bardic perfomers, especially Master Iago Cabrera di Cadiz, the New Baronial Bardic Champion.

The creator of the A&S Championship scroll, Lady Millicent Rowan and the creator of the Bardic Championship scroll, Lady Francisca Sastre de Arellano.

Our Set Up/Break Down coordinator, Master John Drake, and our Hall Transition Coordinator, Lord Cristiane Milton.

Our Kitchen Cleanup coordinator, Lady Diane de Mallet.

Our Feast Server Coordinator, Don Corvin Fenarro, our Head Table Server, HL Catalina Ana de Salamanca, and all of the feast servers.

The organizers of the two tournaments, Baroness Rixende de Rouen and Centurian Ioannes Dalassenos, and all of the marshals, heralds, and fighters.

Our Prize Basket Coordinator, HL Elen ferch Phelip.

Our Dance/Feast Liaison, Master Phelim Gervase.

And several others we noticed pitching in to help at the event:  Baroness Chrystal Ariana MacRuari and Herr Detlef von Marburg, who between them swept out the entire main hall. Lady Ines Alfòn from Bjornsborg, who set up the list pavilion, the list field, and the vigil pavilion.  Centurion Lucius Hadrianus who, when we were tired, toted and loaded the baronial equipment into vehicles

We know there were many others.  When we started evening clean-up, it seemed as if everyone in the hall was lending a hand!

We appreciate everybody's dedication to the Barony, the Kingdom, and the SCA.

In service,
Mistress Gwenneth Bowynne of Glamorgan and Mistress Myfanwy ferch Eifion