[Ansteorra] Who are we?

James Crouchet via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Feb 28 15:08:36 PST 2016

An interesting thing happened in a little court in Hells Gate on Saturday.
After a rousing war speech and cheers for Ansteorra there were calls of
"Death to Trimaris!", a joke we all know well.

Her excellency Bryn Gwlad (and Lady of the Stronghold of Hell's Gate) asked
that, as a favor to her, we no longer say "Death to Trimaris!" in her
court.  For those who do not know, she is a veteran on the US military who
has been deployed to the Middle East.  What she had to say was this (to the
best of my recollection):

"As a favor to me I ask that you not say Death to Trimaris in my court.  I
know it is a joke but I have been to War.  I have seen the cost.  I have
seen what it means to make war and to kill our enemies.  We should not wish
that on our friends even in jest."

After a moment a gentleman from the audience shouted, "*VICTOREM ANSTEORRA!*
"

Call of, "YES!" and cheers from the crowd followed, along with the praise
of a grateful baroness.

We are a strong people, a victorious people who don't need to wish death on
our friends to show our strength and our spirit.

Christian Doré