[Ansteorra] Gate Questions

Ansteorra Exchequer via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 25 11:55:13 PST 2016

Greetings Ansteorra,

I heard there were some questions after the Gate Class at Round Table. I'm
not yet in a place to share my full-Kingdom-relevant notes yet, but I've
got a pile of links that may help in the meanwhile:

I've put all of my office's Event links on one page.
LINK: http://treasurer.ansteorra.org/eventreports.php

The Event Documents section, first item, is a list of all the forms you'll
need to run Gate, including a description of what those forms are, when
they're used, and how to figure out how many copies you might need for your
event. (The current NMS Cheat Sheet on this page has the correct logic, but
it may be confusing - tell me what you think!)
LINK: http://treasurer.ansteorra.org/eventreports.php#evtdocs

The Event Forms section includes direct links to several fillable (or
print/scan) XLS pages you'll need to run your event - particularly the Gate
Sheets, and the Event Report. Another thing that's here that may be helpful
for some events is my Google Form survey for Kingdom Event Bids.
LINK: http://treasurer.ansteorra.org/eventreports.php#evtforms

This collection does NOT include the XLS Kingdom Event Bid form - that's a
Seneschal doc, currently linked separately, on the Kingdom Calendar page.
LINK: http://calendar.ansteorra.org/

The other document that everyone should reference is the Society
explanation of NMS. The recent Society changes didn't change the NMS fee
schedule, but did speed up the requirement for event reports due after the
event to 10 business days after the close of the event (from 30 calendar
days).
LINK: http://treasurer.ansteorra.org/documents.php#corpdoc

The NMS break-down hasn't changed in several years, but it's still
misunderstood.

Synthesis of the NMS document goes this way:

   - $0 (cash) site fee for Any Attendees (solicited item-type donations
   don't count as cash) = No NMS charged for Any Attendees
   - Adult fee = $0 = does not pay NMS
   - Adult fee > $0 = DOES pay NMS (so - adults [18+ years old] paying a
   discounted rate still pay NMS)
   - Minor-related [17-and-under] discount from Adult rate = does NOT pay
   NMS

The last point always ties back to Family Max: If two adults (18+ yrs old)
bring three children (under 17) to an Ansteorran event where Family Max
applies, all three children are discounted from the full Adult rate. The
two adults may owe NMS, based on their membership status, but the children
won't.

Clear as mud?
~Elsa

HL Elsa von Schammach