[Ansteorra] Pennsic extension cord

Adrienne Ferrell via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jun 14 22:11:15 PDT 2017

Greetings Your Majesty,

I think you'll need about 200 feet of extension cord for your A/C at
Pennsic. From what I was able to gather you'll loose 12% or more on a
200 foot run
of 10 gage.  I don't think thinner cord would work for 3000 watts needed
for start up of the A/C.

If you send the cords up with sir Wilhelm, we can get it plugged in and
buried when we do the kitchens.

I also read "Room Size Large 115 Volt Air Conditioners.......
     Large room-size air conditioners are typically rated from 8,000
BTUs up to 12,000 BTUs, although some modern types may even reach 15,000
BTUs. These air conditioners draw 10 amps or more and must be plugged
into a dedicated outlet. If any other appliance is plugged into the same
outlet, the breaker will not be able to support the added amperage and
it will trip the circuit."

I am not sure how many separate  circuits are over there,but I see the
possibility of them being tripped.  If you haven't ordered yet, you may
consider something under 8000 BTUs to be less problematic.

I was thinking about getting some large fans for the common tent if it
is hot again this year.  They only pull about 175 watts.

sincerely,
Seraphina