[Ansteorra] Serpentine Symposium A&S Reminder

Nathan renedamours at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 05:37:06 PDT 2017

Greetings Ansteorra!!

In just two weeks, their Serpentine Excellencies will host the Serpentine
Symposium where the Barony of Loch Soilleir will determine who their new
Arts and Sciences Champion will be.

As the current Arts and Sciences Champion for this fine Barony, I write to
explain the competition.

Arts and Sciences entries will be persona-based entries, meaning that it
should be something your persona would do or know about.  For instance, if
your persona is from Venice, living in the 15th Century, then the entry
would be something a Venetian in the 15th Century would do or know about.
Documentation will be required, and special consideration will be given to
documentation that explains the connection between the entry and your
persona, as well as documenting the piece itself.

Also, if your entry is something that isn't necessarily something your
persona would do, say, a 16th Century guy from Normandy writing haiku, then
the documentation could explain, in a creative way, how your persona might
have come across such poetry.

The idea here is to really think about what your persona might do, and, if
your entry isn't something your persona might do, then being creative in
the use of history to explain how your persona might encounter this art
form.

I do hope to see you all there, and look forward to your entries.

Ever in service to Crown, Kingdom, and the Dream,

HL René Damours, WSA
Current Arts and Sciences Champion for the Barony of Loch Soilleir

--

*When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of
things past, I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought, And with old woes

*William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX*