[Ansteorra] Defender of the Fort this weekend September 15-17!

Molly Maddox Netterville via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Sep 13 13:24:16 PDT 2017

Due to the hardships Hurricane Harvey and it's aftermath caused, Defender
of the Fort this weekend is a FREE EVENT! Feast is also FREE (limited to
100)!!! We hope this inspires a time of healing for all!!!

Schedule: Subject to changes. Also subject to His Highness's and Their
Excellencies's discretion.
9am- Morning Court
10am (immediately after court)- Chivalric, Rapier, and Target Archery
begin. Set up for both Adult and youth A&S.
10:30- MOC activities start
12pm (Noon)- Break for lunch
1:30PM- Chivalric, Rapier, Target Archery, and A&S resume. Boffer, foils,
and brewing begin.
4PM- Clean up A&S. Begin Bardic competitions (only if rapier is concluded).
5:30PM- Feast & Court (together)
7 or when court and feast are concluded evening fun begins! The bonfire
will be lit so that drumming( and other instruments), dancing, bardic, and
adult libations can commence!!!

Here are all the formats and activities for Defender of the Fort this
weekend! (If names or titles are wrong, I apologize in advance)
Chivalric- 3 to 4 hour bear pit for points! Hosted by His Royal Highness
(our champion) with honored guest Lord Ian MacRaith!
Rapier- 5 style with 6 going into final! Hosted by our current champion
Lord Alister MacRoger!
Target Archery- I have been told it will be a challenging shoot! Hosted by
a team as our current champion is having health woes.
Bardic- 2 pieces in different styles, preferably with the theme of
inspiration and/or heroic deeds! Hosted by our current champion Don Brian
Mac Cael!
Brewing- Bring, preferably you best Honey Mead, but any of your best brew
or cordial will do. Please include documentation, or at least, a card
stating what it is and the ingredients. Please put your name on it. If the
B&B like your brew, it may go to head table with your bottle being returned
at a later time! Even if you don't become champion, this compliment is
winning, right? Hosted by our current champion Lord Rolff Guenwald
A&S- Bring you BEST! Yes it can have been shown before. Documentation is
preferred, but must have at least, a card with what it is, what it is used
for, what era you are attempting, and name on the back. Viking theme
encouraged, but not required. Hosted by our current champion Lady Laurie de
Gray!

But wait!...there's more!
We can't leave the kids out!
MOC activities- the kids will have MOC activities from 30 minutes after
morning court ends until lunch time (Noon)!!! They will take place under
the small pavilion right by the playground!!! Hosted by our official MOC
Lady Angelica Catalina-Veronica de Granada!!!
Kids A&S- entries need to be placed under the A&S tent by the kitchen. Our
current A&S champion Lady Laurie de Gray will judge the entries for the
kids. There will be a child champion age 4-12, and a youth artisan 13-17!
Kids bardic- will take place directly after adults competition. Both will
take place right after the rapier competition has concluded, and we will
try to have it announced. Prefer pieces of heroic deeds and inspiration,
but not required. Hosted by our current bardic champion Don Brian Mac Cael!
Boffer (Youth heavy fighting)- Will take place after lunch in the shade
behind and to the right of the kitchen! Two champions will be chosen Child
Coffer Champion (ages 7-13) and Youth Boffer Champion (ages 14-17)! Hosted
by Our Youth Marshal Lord Gaius Artorius Germanus!
Foils (Youth rapier/light fighting)- Will also take place after lunch
behind and to the right of the kitchen. Hosted by Baroness Rixende de Rouen
and Lady Dianna Blakeley!