[Ansteorra] Thank for Making Coronation Great!

Gilyan Clonmacnoise gilyanclonmacnoise at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:11:17 PDT 2018

We have seen several people posting on Facebook regarding the great time
they had at Coronation. As Event Stewards, Charles and I have a great deal
of people to thank for making the event so memorable and also smooth to
manage.

First and foremost are the people that decorated the hall on Friday. These
people arrived early to work and make the populace's first impression as
they walked into the hall a stunning experience. Mistress Ameline brought a
crew including Mistress Bea and HL Calanna, and Baroness Audrella very
graciously allowed her wall hangings to be used once again. The
Mooneschadeen setup crew included Centurion Charles, Lord Caius, and Lady
Chiaretta. After spending the morning making cherry sauce, they spend the
afternoon decorating the hall. Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

The Kings Champion tournament was windy and cold, yet many a soul braved
the conditions to make it happen. Mistress Emma managed the list and Lord
Caius made sure the fighters stayed well hydrated. Lady Ekaterina was a
fantastic list herald, yet none of them could have done their jobs without
Lord Turpin leading the list field setup crew with included him and two
eager-to-get-fighting gentles that none of us knew before Saturday. Tell us
your names so that we can thank you properly!

HL Liliana and HL Lilias cooked a delightful feast with the assistance of
Lady Lara and Lady Leota and several others. Baroness Sabine made the lemon
tarts and I saw Lord Rafe dutifully whipping cream before the feast began.
The crew of servers all dressed in Mooneschadowe livery was a site to see
during feast. Especially when they put delicious food on your table!

The cleanup crew included many different people over a varied length of
time. Needless to say, whenever something needed done there was someone
there willing to help with the task. We had the site cleaned up far more
than the convention center staff expected and all the SCA guests were off
site an hour earlier than expected.

Thanks so much for everyone's help! There's no way an event happens without
so many people to help!

Thankfully,
Duchess Gilyan and Centurion Charles

--
If it's important to you, you will find a way, otherwise you will find an
excuse. - Steve Kutie