[Ansteorra] more photo help...?

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah zubeydah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:32:22 PDT 2018

Thank you, all, for your help! I received private word from one of our
previous Chatelaine, who confirms that it is some sort of rod of office or
sceptre, and not a weapon, but its history / backstory / lore / name...
unknown. :(

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 2:06 PM Tessa G via Ansteorra <
ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> What a hefty piece is pictured there!  It is not Frinedbinger.
> Friendbringer predates Ansteorra; originated in Atenveldt at the hand of
> Baron Michael of Moria.  It was a rather plain sword with no embelishment,
> though cherished and honored as a diamond-studed hilt might have been.
> During my earliest involvement in the SCA, I had the joy of carrying
> Friendbringer for a while, being the first female to do so.  ~Tessa
>
> http://historian.ansteorra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Friendbringer
>
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:26 AM Robert G Ferrell via Ansteorra <
> ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> wrote:
>
> > On 10/21/2018 9:07 PM, Chris Zakes via Ansteorra wrote:
> >
> > > Friendbringer wouldn't have had an Ansteorran star as a pommel--it
> > predates
> > > Ansteorra by several years.
> > > http://historian.ansteorra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Friendbringer
> > >
> > > I'm inclined to agree with Robin, that it's probably a sceptre, not a
> > sword
> > > hilt.
> >
> > I don't remember ever seeing it used in court, as sword or scepter, so
> > if it's some sort of royal emblem I suspect it predates 1982.
> >
> > Cynric
> >
> > ---
> > https://www.avg.com

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah