[Ansteorra] Crown Tourney UPDATE

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 10:50:04 PST 2020

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING CROWN TOURNAMENT

We are aware of the looming weather this weekend.  Forecasts say Friday
night will see heavy rains and high winds.  However, Saturday should be
pleasant!

We still plan to have all scheduled activities on Saturday.  However, the
start times will be delayed half an hour to allow for set up after the rain
clears.  Gate will still open at 8 am.  Site will be open to the public at
that time as well.

Further, SITE WILL NOT BE OPEN ON FRIDAY NIGHT.  For the safety of all
involved, there will be NO TENT CAMPING ON FRIDAY NIGHT.  For those coming
with RVs, please contact the event steward (Brian O'hUilliam on Facebook or
via email at brianoftheloch at gmail.com) to make arrangements.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause to those attending.  However,
the well-being of our members is the highest priority and we greatly
appreciate your understanding as we work around the weather.

To that end, Crown Tournament is planned to be held under the pavilion on a
concrete floor.  While the weather should be fine by the time the list
starts, the grass is likely to still be wet.  Fighters, please plan your
footwear accordingly.  We hope to be able to move to the grass for the
fighting in the afternoon.

If you have any questions, please contact the event steward.  The Barony of
Loch Soilleir looks forward to hosting everyone as we select our new Royal
Heirs.

In short - Crown site is CLOSED on Friday.  It will open at 8 am on
Saturday.  Crown list will take place on concrete.  Thank you all for your
understanding.

In Service,
Brian & Þóra
Event Stewards