[Ansteorra] Updates Restrictions on Activities

Kingdom Seneschal kingdom at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Wed Aug 11 15:22:51 PDT 2021

Greetings Beloved Ansteorra,

We have immensely enjoyed seeing each other in person once again.  Being
able to recognize Our worthy populace in person, watching (and fighting
with) honorable combatants on the field of glory, and enjoying revelry and
fellowship with friends as we share in this Dream we all love has been
wonderful.  When events were shut down in March of 2020, that was an
unprecedented event and We certainly could not have imagined such a shut
down would last for well over a year.

It is Our sincere hope that another closure of in-person activities is not
required in the future. However, We take the health, safety, and well-being
of our participants very seriously.  The global pandemic is experiencing
another tremendous spike due to the Delta and other variants which are more
contagious than the previous strain of the Coronavirus.  Therefore,
Ansteorra will be implementing certain restrictions on in-person activities
in an effort to permit continued in-person activities and prevent another
shut down.  These restrictions are effective immediately.

First, due to the increased contagiousness of variants, even in the
outdoors, Ansteorra will require all participants over the age of 2 to wear
face coverings at all in-person SCA functions in accordance with CDC
guidelines.  Face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth except
while briefly eating and drinking.  Participants must remain stationary and
socially distant while unmasked to eat or drink.  Face coverings should be
in accordance with CDC guidelines on masks.  For more information, see:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
.

Second, Ansteorra will reinstate the guidelines of the July 1 restrictions
from the Board of Directors regarding food and drink.  This means that
there are no feasts and SCA entities may only provide food that is
prepackaged.  SCA entities may also provide single use,
commercially sealed beverages.  Individuals may provide and share food as
they see fit, but do so at their own risk and must make clear that they are
doing so as private individuals, not as an officially sponsored SCA
activity.  Special exceptions for A&S entries will be granted.  Please
contact the Kingdom Seneschal and Kingdom Minister of Arts & Science for
information.

Third, youth activities are, sadly, prohibited at this time.  When youth
activities were reinstated, the spread of the virus was decreasing.
Unfortunately, the situation has deteriorated and we must take steps to
ensure the safety of all, especially the youngest among us.

We understand this is an inconvenience and certainly we take no joy in
these restrictions.  However, We believe these are necessary steps to
protect Our populace and still have in-person gatherings.  Ansteorra is the
greatest Kingdom in the Known World.  We are a Kingdom of heroes.  We ask
that all Ansteorrans join us in protecting each other.  That is what heroes
do.  That is what Ansteorrans do.

In Service to Ansteorra and Her People,
Jason & Magherita III, King and Queen of Ansteorra
Floki & Elizabeth, Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Ansteorra
Brian O'hUilliam, Seneschal of Ansteorra