[Ansteorra] October Gulf Wars Follow-Up

Kingdom Seneschal kingdom at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 31 16:15:17 PDT 2021

Greetings all,

In the letter to the populace of Ansteorra announcing Our decision to
withdraw our presence at the October Gulf Wars, I overstepped my bounds.

While it is entirely in Our right to choose not participate in Gulf Wars at
this time due to the rise of the current pandemic, it was inappropriate to
publicly call on the Gulf Wars Grand Council to cancel the October War.
Though we sent notice of our intent to the Grand Council and Principal
Kingdoms of Gulf Wars, it was unfair to them to publicly ask them to cancel
the War without ample opportunity for them to meet and discuss that
request.  This missive was of my own creation and, as such, the
responsibility for poor communication rests on my shoulders.

Therefore, I apologize to the members of the Gulf Wars Grand Council
(including the Autocrats of Gulf Wars), the Royalty of Gleann Abhann, the
Royalty of Meridies, and the Royalty of Trimaris for this overstep in my
position on the Gulf Wars Grand Council.  I also apologize to
Their Majesties Jason & Margherita and Their Highnesses Floki & Elizabeth
for this failing in my communication.

Again, the fault in this communication is my own and offer this apology
freely to all who have been impacted by this failing.  I will endeavor to
do better in the future.

--
In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam, OL, OP, CB, WSA