ARCH - Royal Huntsman Badge

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Thu Apr 6 07:15:28 PDT 2000

I like the Hunters Horn concept. A brass horn with gold and black cords
would make a simple but elegant piece of regalia. Of course, being able to
play said horn would be nice.  ;-)

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad

(snipped)
If you have ideas or thoughts about what the badge of the Royal Huntsman
should be or include please let us know.  The images are pretty much in the
order of the discussion of the various badges.  Thanks to Darius for
providing these images, they have helped greatly in the discussion.   I will
attempt to give a brief synopsis of how the badge has progressed.

1) first four badges proposed, to indicate the archery and Ansteorra
connection.
2) suggested that the Hunting Horn is more symbolic of a Huntsman and,
   the crossed long pointing things is a bit overdone
3) various star/horn ideas
4) how about just a horn?

The goals are to make it symbolize the Royal Huntsman as best we can and to
have as simple a design as possible.   I have missed much of the details of
the discussion. If you would like to see the entire mutation take a look at
the archives of the last few days of the heralds list.
(Pug,  could you help with the command to retrieve the archive?)

One of the really cool things about the badge being a hunting horn is that
we could create a pass along symbol of the honor that is the badge.  We
would pass a Hunting Horn (properly decorated) to the new Royal Huntsman in
much the same way that the collar is passed to the Queens Champion.

--Francois

(snipped)
For those of you who are interested, they are working on the proposed badge
for the Royal Huntsman on the Heralds list.  The URL below is for the images
of some of the ideas they are considering.

Please, if you are not a herald don't go thundering off to the heralds to
make comments.  That is their job.  I just thought you might like to see
some of the design proposals.  Besides, right now they are still checking
for conflicts.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dmmerlick/huntsman.html

HL Darcy
Lady of House Ursa Dormant - an archery household