ARCH - crossbow for rapier

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Sun Apr 30 10:16:17 PDT 2000

The only problem I see to this would the cost of the bow. I have a M. Iolo
crossbow (600 inch lbs., I think) and use crane beaks against all fighters
(Chiv/Rapier/Archer). I do not really have the funds to go out and buy
another crossbow for just rapier. I currently do not have any thistle
missiles or baldar blunts so I am not worried about matching the type of
bolt to target type. I have taken shots from this bow/bolt combination
without qualms. A thistle missile hurts! YMMV  ;-)

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad

(snipped)

I have been asked to see what the archers of Ansteorra think about having a
lighter crossbow for rapier fighting and being alowed to use baldar blunts
and thistle missles on the rapier field. The current rules do NOT allow
Baldar bulnts or thistle missles. This would probaly mean no gleaning bolts
from the dead, marking the prod/crossbow in some way so the marshals can
tell if it is alowed to shoot the manufactured heads. Is there a desire for
this change? Are there enough archers that would shot combat archery on the
rapier field if this change took place to justify the change? The proprosed
weight would be 400 inch pounds.
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal