ARCH - IKAC scoring

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon Aug 21 20:17:25 PDT 2000

I believe you have a couple of things confussed.  The IKAC has several
differant parts in which you may compete.  IKAC Open division is a
competition which has 3 ranges; 20, 30 and 40 yards shooting at a 60cm 5
color target.  At each distance you shoot two groups of 6 arrows or bolts in
90 seconds for arrows and 120 seconds for bolts.  Out of this score you may
get a Royal Round score also.  This Royal Round score is also being used
within the Kingdom for a ranking system, which does require 3 scores to
count.  But they are your 3 best scores.  As you get better, your lower
scores will be push out by your better ones.  Also one of thos scores must
be shot outside your local group.

Now the way the Kingdom's get a score in these divisions is the top 3 scores
from their archers.  Those top 3 scores each come form an individual archer.
Only those top 3 are cumulative then divided by 3 for the Kingdom's average.

Now there is also the Period division, the Crossbow division, Period
Crossbow division.  And there is also the IKCAC which is shot at man size
target.

Does this  help any?