ARCH - Another name

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Fri Jul 7 06:03:39 PDT 2000

The King's Archer of Ansteorra is a non-armigerous (does not carry an AOA)
award for excellence in archery.  It is worn as a braid on a ring, usually
on the belt, like the Sable Falcon (given for armored combat), the Queen's
Rapier (given for Rapier), and the Golden Bridle (given for Equestrian).
The award was established during the reign of Mahadi I and Valaria I and the
principal of the award (first person to recieve it) is HL Gilli.

The Royal Huntsman is a champion's position for the King and Queen of
Ansteorra, much like the King's Champion (armored combat) and Queen's
Champion (Rapier combat).  Like the above two, this is a member of entourage
selected via tournament.  This position was created during the reign of
Alaric I and Kayleigh I and the first competition was held upon the archery
field at Steppes Warlord.  Lord Fearghus MacKenna is the current and premier
Royal Huntsman.  The symbol of this award is (fieldless) Three arrows sable
fletched and pheoned gules.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Timothy of Glastonbury
Forerynel Pursuivant