ARCH - Bow Scales

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Sat Jul 8 19:55:29 PDT 2000

Baron Talmon has one here in Gate'S Edge that we use.

I think that anyone who has the Combat Archery Mashalling box checked on
their card should have ready access to a bow scale and that one be available
at any and every combat archery event.

For target archery it really isn't necessary except just to satisfy the
curious.  We had it out today just for curiousity to see what we are
actually drawing.  So few people actually draw precisely 28 inches.  I only
draw about 24" and the bow scale shows that on my new longbow I get about 30
to 33# (it is rated 40 -4 5# @28").  On the same bow at his draw length
Baron Talmon gets about 40#.  I think Lady Moreg was only getting about 28#
out of her 40 something rated bow.  Once again, fun for the curious but not
necessary.

Regards,

Eadric