ARCH - Archery Competitions

Mauer, Eric eric.mauer at attws.com
Mon Jul 10 13:04:45 PDT 2000

Darcy writes:

> [...]
interkingdom combat
competition, other that wars, Ansteorrans would be in the forefront battling
it out for first place.<<<<

We are. It's called Gulf War <grin>. I'm of the opinion that the current
IKCAC is a poor simulation
of actual combat, though it is valuable practice. I will admit, however,
that I haven't yet devised a better one,
so if that makes me a whiner, so be it.

of this great  kingdom that "it's too hard (whine)" to compete in the
interkingdom archery competitions.  That we are not good enough to compete
with the best archers in other kingdoms.<<<<<

I haven't noticed that. I will admit that the interkingdom competitions have
little meaning to me, but that has
more to do with interest then difficulty. My objection is with those for
whom the IKAC is the only worthy goal.

However, I will say that right now we simply don't have the numbers to be
competitive. If we have 5 active archers in the kingdom, the odds of our
beating a kingdom that has 100 is pretty poor. Does that mean we shouldn't
try? Of course not. I think it's more important to be accessible to new
archers then to win the IKAC. I've flogged this horse
before, but I'd rather see 50 Ansteorrans having a good time and shooting
then the 3 best archers in the known world
at the range by themselves. YMMV.

first place this year or even next.  Building a strong archery program takes
time but, we have to start somewhere.<<<<

With that I agree.

Tuhtahl

Eric Mauer
Customer Care and Government Team Lead
Austin Customer Operations
AT&T Wireless Services
Office: 512-436-7354   Fax: 512-436-7708
eric.mauer at attws.com

"Cast off limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness. Stand in the
midst of the Great Void. This is the secret of the Way of the
Warrior."-Morihei Ueshiba