ARCH - Archery Poll

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Jul 10 14:03:58 PDT 2000

> Yes, Your Excellency, excellent idea (So that's how one becomes a baron?)

I think it also requires a certain level of masochism  <<grin>>

> Is ANYONE having problems conforming to the Crowns edict regarding
> ballistas?  I have copious amounts of documentation, plans, and people who
> can help with various questions.  I will be more than willing to
> answer any
> rules questions you may have.

Okay, I'll start it out.  We are planning on building two ballistas and
a catapult out in our group (we have a whole bunch o' people who like
the idea of aiding the war effort on the field, but not doing the full
Chivalric thing).  Basically, we are looking at the "Bungeelista" concept.
How successful are they, and has anyone attempted to make one that throws
5-6 bolts at one time (ala the Roman versions)?  With two balistas ware are
thinking we can do alternating fire as long as the bolts hold out.  Since
we have a couple of combat archers and four heavies to protect against
a light flank attack, we're thinking we might have a nice little "mixed
weapons" unit.   Has anyone attempted this in the past, and did it work--
or was it a disaster?

Petruccio