ARCH - siege weapon utilization

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Jul 10 14:37:23 PDT 2000

> Yes it has been done, but an even better utilization of arms will
> be if your
> archers and heavies integrate with main unit while the ballistas lob over
> their units heads into the castle.  When a shieldman loses an arm
> or leg he
> can return to the ballistas and do a variety of small tasks like provide a
> shield, glean more bolts for the ballista, spot the ballista shots, help
> move the ballista, etc.  With the shieldman and archer in the
> backfield from
> the beginning of the battle with the ballista,  they very well
> could go the
> whole battle with no action.
>
> Lawrence

I am assuming from your statement then, that it is not common for the
opposing side to have fast flanking units to take out the siege weapons at
Gulf Wars.  I am relying on experience from other areas and am starting to
think that the course of battle may be different here
<<grin>>

So are the siege weapons only used in castle/static battles or are they also
used in the initial opening of open field melees?

Pet.