ARCH - Ranking System

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Jul 12 15:58:25 PDT 2000

Greetings  and Hi There,

Yeah Plachoya!!!

Guess what I found rumagging through som of my computer files????

RANKING SYSTEM
An archery ranking system for Ansteorran archers has been implemented as of
7/7/95.
Your rank is determined by the average of the three highest Royal Round
(IKAC) and the speed round (IKCAC) scores of the Season - April 1 through
December 1 (one must be shot at an event outside of your group).  The system
is as follows:
 Visible proof of accomplishment is in the form of tassels which follow the
ascending colors in a standard   target:
 WHITE  =   0 -  24 NOVICE
  BLACK  =  25 - 44 BOWMAN
 BLUE   =  45 - 64 YEOMAN
 RED    =  65 - 84 FORESTER
 GOLD   =  85 - 104 BOWMASTER
 And for anyone who can average 105+, there is GRAND BOWMASTER, which is
represented by a   tassel of all the colors of the target.
 There are four divisions - OPEN, which will be signified by a BLUE KNOT;
PERIOD, signified by a   GOLD KNOT;  CROSSBOW, signified by a RED KNOT, and
COMBAT, signified by a SILVER   KNOT.  IKAC rules apply.  The archer may
compete in any or all divisions.
Individual ranks will be awarded at the end of the IKAC season.  If you do
not send in the requisite three or more scores, you will not qualify for
rank.
Hopefully, begging the indulgence of the powers that be, these ranks can be
presented to the archers at an event during court, though this is not a
necessity.