ARCH - Ranking System

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Wed Jul 12 19:37:50 PDT 2000

Plachoya asked...

> You would rank them archer, 0-39; bowman, 40-59; yeoman, 69-79; forester,
> 80-99; bowmaster, 100-119; grand bowmaster, 120+,

Yep.  So some score split like that.  I kinda don't feel strongly about the
names assocaited with the scores except that I don't  care for "novice"

Plachoya also asked...

> with five divisions open and period bow and crossbow and combat.

Yep.

and he asked...

> How do you get a RR score for combat? Use the three slow fire ends (12
> arrows in 2 min) plus the 15 yrd speed end?

Good question.  The other Kingdoms just appear to do the Royal Round Target
archery and not to have achievements for IKCAC style Combat Archers.  Since
I don't really shoot IKCAC I will live that open to those more experienced
but I think it is good to have levels of distinction for skill it that area.
I would not see anything wrong with a separate scale and insignia for IKCAC
style achievements.

and finally he asks...

> Shoot scores all year or just during the IKAC/IKCAC season?

ALL YEAR.  As best I can tell al lthe other Kingdoms run their similar
systems all year long.  Lets shoot in the winter and spring when it is cool
enough you can stand to be outside.  Perhaps a small break in the shooting
around Yule time to give the skorekeeper a break.

Just FYI  Here is what I can tell from other Kingdoms.  Just cut and pasted
from web pages.

CAID, ATENVELDT, OUTLANDS
 Novice                    0 - 24
 Bowman                25 - 44
 Yeoman                 45 - 64
 Forrester                65 - 84
 Bowmaster            85 - 104
 Royal Bowmaster 105+  (or Grand  Bowmaster)

MIDDLE  (add a lower rank and narrower upper scoring bands)
   0-19       no ranking
 20-39       Bowman
 40-59       Yeoman
 60-79       Marksman
 80-94       Woodsman
 95-104     Bowmaster
 105+        Dragon Archer

ATLANTIA, EAST, EALDORMERE, DRACHENWALD
 Archer:                             0-39
 Marksman:                      40-59.
 Bowman:                         60-79
 Bowman Elite:                80-99   or Master Bowman
 Grand Bowman Elite:    100+.   or Grand Master Bowman

AN TIR       (same as above except for naming)
  Apprentice Archer               0-39
  Archer                                  40-59
  Bowman                              60-79
  Master Bowman                 80-99
  Grandmaster Bowman    100-119
  Ludicrous Bowman          120-139

In Service,