ARCH - Archery Ranking System

Melanie Black thanatos at cityscope.net
Thu Jul 13 18:40:58 PDT 2000

Then  Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net> said:

> Hmmm. How odd, I thought I read they weren't in the Society rules. Maybe
> it's only certain kinds of aiming devices.

I haven't seen the latest rules, but if I understand correctly "Aiming
marks" are simply lines or notches on the limb of the bow (usually drawn
with a sharpie marker) that an archer uses as a reference to judge the
proper range. These are different from "SITES" which is a more complex
mechanism  that consists of something like a row of pins and a sighting hole
that you pretty much can zero in on the bullseye with, and this is the thing
that is not allowed for society shooting.

If I am mistaken please let me know.

Melanie de la Croix.