ARCH - Mentors/Teachers/Students

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Mon Jul 10 10:51:17 PDT 2000

I fully agree with the idea that a Teacher/Student relationship belongs in
the Archery Community. I disagree that the student needs a "special name". I
am a cadet (the name was there before I arrived in this kingdom - back in
'84). It is not a rank, it is a Job Title. As a cadet, I too am a student.
As a cadet, I have taken students. They are called students. What were
cadets called before the name cadet came about - probably students (or hey
you) ;-)

Ld. Duncan MacConacher
Cadet to Don Tivar
Bryn Gwlad

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
[mailto:owner-ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Debbie Dewart
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 12:42 PM
To: Ansteorran Archery
Subject: ARCH - Mentors/Teachers/Students

Gilli has proposed that the archers of the kingdom begin a program of
formally taking on students following the example of knights, dons, laurals,
pelicans, etc.  The argument against this seems to be that  we, the archery
community,  are not far enough  developed to start this kind of program,
that we don't have the recognition to take this kind of step.

(snipped)