ARCH - ballista

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 10 14:31:19 PDT 2000

>Yes it has been done, but an even better utilization of arms will be if your
>archers and heavies integrate with main unit while the ballistas lob over
>their units heads into the castle.  When a shieldman loses an arm or leg he
>can return to the ballistas and do a variety of small tasks like provide a
>shield, glean more bolts for the ballista, spot the ballista shots, help
>move the ballista, etc.  With the shieldman and archer in the backfield from
>the beginning of the battle with the ballista,  they very well could go the
>whole battle with no action.
	At Gulf War, I did combat archery until I ran out of bolts and then
went and helped the ballista crews.  i had a lot of fun, even though I
technically wasn't authorized to do it.  It's a good thing for people who
do combat archery with no secondary weaon (does it become your secondary
weapon?)  But it opens up an avenue for me since I wasn't trained for
anything else.  (The crew I was on accidently shot the Society Marshall
when he was in the castle)  He had armor on so we didn't feel too bad.
	Nothing's worse than running out of bolts and arrows.....

Regards,

Clare