ARCH - Archery Ranking System

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Wed Jul 12 19:59:27 PDT 2000

Iaen Mor wrote...

>1. Archer            white tassel       0-24
>2. Bowman        black tassel     25-44
>3. Marksman     blue tassel       45-64
>4. Yeoman         red tassel        65-84
>5. Forester        green tassel    85-104
>6. Huntsman      gold tassel      104+

I the idea of a deliberate following the white-black-blue-red-gold of the
standard five-color target face.  But with the insertion of green ya kinda
get thrown off.  I like the idea of the top rank wearing a tassel of al lthe
colors and the target colors for the ranks below. If you know what a target
look likes it makes it easy to glance at a tassel and immediately unsertand
where that person falls within the achievement system.

Since our Royal Archery Champion is the Royal Huntsman I kinda like the idea
that the top tier is called a Huntsman.   The other names are ok.

In Service,

Eadric