ARCH - Archery Scores

Melanie Black thanatos at cityscope.net
Sun Jul 16 12:50:54 PDT 2000

Actually, I think that is a good idea to encourage people to officially join
the Society. Instead of the old non-member surcharge they used to put on
events, simply deny official awards to those who are not paid members.
Just think of the incentive you would have, say a newbie comes in and shoots
for score at the first few practices and shoots like a 80 or something. It
is more incentive to go ahead an join if they knew that they would almost
instantly get some sort of prestige instead of the usual "hang around for a
year without joining" and get the AOA.
Also, I don't think it is that big of burden on the marshal to separate the
members and non-members. Simply add an extra column on the score sheets that
says "Member? Y/N"
You can list the scores together, just only those with paid memberships will
gain the titles associated with their score level.

Lady Melanie de la Croix