ARCH - Champions History

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Jul 20 13:36:24 PDT 2000

That's not exactly true.

One case in point is Middleford's Warchieftan / Caviler of the Bridge.
Combat archery is used there and has been for years.  Also I believe some of
the progressive melees have used combat archery also.  I think the intent
was not to have combat archery involed in Crown Tournaments.

Another thought is this.  When the rules were written, it wasn't invisioned
that archers would be shooting at other archers with no other combatants on
the field.  This is some new ground to be broken here.  I think we can do
it.  And I think we can do it safely with spectators.

I also think that the combat side of the house needs a little TLC too.