ARCH - youth and childrens rules

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Jul 28 15:17:30 PDT 2000

All the info should be on the web page.  If not now, then I hope pretty
soon.

But until it is.  Here it is.

Greetings and hi there,
Could you add the following to the IAAC stuff?
Thanks
Gilli

INTRAANSTEORRAN CHILDRENS' ARCHERY COMPETITION
AGE REQUIREMENTS
To promote fairness in competition, minors will be placed into one of two
age categories:
      Child - 12 years of age and under.
      Youth - 13 to 17 years of age.
The competition ranges will be modified to accommodate the Child and Youth
age categories (see below).  This is done to promote fairness and to prevent
undo frustration on the part of the minor.  At the discretion of the Archery
Marshal-in-Charge the minor may practice on any age level range.
Only competitions shot on the "adult" range may count for InterKingdom
scores.  All others scores count only in the Kingdom.
EXEMPTION
Those minors who have already recorded scores in either the IKAC or IKCAC
comparable to adult scores may request the Keep of the IAAC to allow them to
continue to compete in the adult category or his/her age group or higher.
IKAC RANGE MODIFICATIONS
Same equipment requirements apply to the minors.
The same numbers of arrows, timed and untimed rounds are shot but at the
following distances:
      Child  -  10 yds.        Youth  -  20 yds.
                -  15 yds.                   -  25 yds.
                 -  20 yds.                   -  30 yds.
IKCAC RANGE MODIFICATIONS
Equipment requirements except that Child and Youth age groups are not
required to wear a facemask/helm.
A 9 feet by 15 feet target area must also be placed around the 40 yard and
30 yard targets.  These serves the same purpose the target area on the 50
yard target for the adults.
If the minor's size makes shooting from the pavise impractical, they may
shoot from beside the pavise.
Each round is shot like the adult competition except for distance.
Targets shot by Child category:
      Underhand Round       - 30 yd.
      Archer's Choice Round - 20 yd.
      Pavise Round          - 15 yd.
Targets shot by Youth category:
      Underhand Round       - 40 yd.
      Archer's Choice Round - 30 yd, 20 yd.
      Pavise Round          - As adult.

Scores may be shot at any published archery practice or Callendar event.