ARCH - Re: ANST - Archery Question

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Mon Jun 5 19:00:03 PDT 2000

I agree completely with Pug on the subject of TIME being the biggest
obstacle to shooting a full IKAC round.

If you want to shoot a full IKAC at competition being held in conjuction
with some other event then the archers had pretty well better plan on only
doing archery since it is going to eat up the best part of your day.  By the
time to your a few practice ends and then wait your turn on the range, if
there are more than jys a couple of archers then the entire day will pretty
much get used up.

This past weekend at MidSummer Faire X we instead shot a modified royal
round for our archery competition.  To be considered champion of the fair
the participants had to participate in 5 out of 7 different events so we had
to make it something that only used a reasonable amount of time.  You can
shoot a Royal Round from start to finish in about 20 minutes so it allows
for many more people to participate.  We had about 12 or 15 adults and about
4 children shooting and even without a full IKAC shoot we used up the better
part of the day.

Is anyone keeping track of and posting Royal Round Scores. (although
embarrassing for some like me)  I notice that at the very least you can find
the following kingdoms keeping track of Royal Round Scores;

EAST
http://www.world.std.com/~skell/rankings.html

EALDORMERE
http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/officers/archery.html

AN TIR
http://www.dellarco.com/ontarget/frames/top_frame.html

MIDDLE
http://condor.stcloudstate.edu/~sca/archery/Royal.html

ATLANTIA
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/6208/royal.html

OUTLANDS
http://members.iex.net/~norseman/outlands/archery/reports.html

Other Kingdoms may be keeping track also, these are just the ones I found
with a quick search.

These royal rounds are adequate practice for a full IKAC shoot and if a
archer really serious and wants to devote his full day to archery he can
simply go through it a couple to times to get in a full IKAC.  The Royal
Rounds are much less intimidating to novice archers and you get better
participation from people who only have a little time to participate.

Rgeards,

Eadric