ARCH - Questions For All Archers (Was : Archery Question)

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Wed Jun 7 07:11:01 PDT 2000

***** Darcy said :
The other day we had a lady come in to work who became rather loud and
abusive because we would not make an exception for her on library policy.
Pretty soon she knew more about how to run a library, with out ever having
worked one day in one,  than those of us who did.  She also couldn't
understand why we didn't  jump at the chance of letting  her, with her
awesome computer knowledge, volunteer to retrocatalog our collect for the
new automation system just because she didn't have a Masters in Library
Science and didn't have an inkling about what cataloging is about.

> What it boils down to is that none of us would have presumed to go into
> her
> place of business and  tell  her how to do her job without knowing what is
> involved in her work.
> If you want to have more fun at archery be prepared to help with the
> archery.  If you want a herald at the archery range then be that herald.
> But don't  be surprised if the archers  who are already working the
> archery
> ranges are tired and grumpy and  overworked already and not all that
> thrillled about trying to do more things on the range because there are
> lots
> of people who come done to shoot and lots of  people who have suggestions
> about  how to improve the ranges but very few of them who volunteer to do
> the work.

***** Timothy of Glastonbury replied :

Pardon, but am I yelling? Am I at the range telling you how to run it? I do
not think I have.

My understanding, I state again, was that this list was established to
solicit ideas.  If there are logical, workable, reasonable reasons why my
suggestions are impractical, then tell me.  It seems that every time a
suggestion comes up, all that is given as a reply is "Do it yourself" or
"Don't tell me how to run my range.", etc.

So I ask the following questions to the whole of the archery community :

Is there an interest to see new and different ideas on this list, and to
discuss there merits and flaws?

Would you like to see more head-to-head type competitions in archery?

What makes someone an archer? Running a range? Shooting Targets? Shooting
Combat Archery?

Honor Super Gloria,

Timothy of Glastonbury
Archer?