ARCH - Questions For All Archers (Was : Archery Question)

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Jun 7 10:36:51 PDT 2000

Timothy said -

<snip>
>So I ask the following questions to the whole of the archery community :
>
>Is there an interest to see new and different ideas on this list, and to
>discuss there merits and flaws?

If that isn't what the list is for, then I'm wasting my time reading it.  I hope that there will always be new ideas and discussion about them.  But let's not start to think that just because someone questions your ideas or disagrees with what you have said that they are attacking you personally - let's agree to disagree, without rancor.

>Would you like to see more head-to-head type competitions in archery?

I have yet to shoot in any competition, but I look forward to participating in just about any type.

>What makes someone an archer? Running a range? Shooting Targets? Shooting
>Combat Archery?

Just like any other interest in the SCA - you want to do it, you learn how, and you participate in the aspects that interest you most.  I like shooting targets, I would be willing to learn how to run a range, and if my knees get any worse, I may switch from heavy weapons to combat archery. :)

My two shillings worth.

Padraig

--
Nunc Est Bibendum